[ rheanne white salon ]
This project entailed the renovation of commercial space at the first floor and cellar of a landmark district loft building in Tribeca. The client. Rheanne White, wanted to launch her personally branded flagship hair styling salon. The client supported a refined, limited finish palette that drew inspiration from the history of Tribeca, Asian minimalism, the client’s name of White, and the existing rich vintage wood floors.
The aesthetic approach centered on finishing the vintage wood floors to their former glory, using linear LED lighting to provide an even glow conducive to styling while emphasizing the narrative elements of the space, and installing custom hickory millwork to add a level of warmth to the clean white lines and finish accents. This results in a space with clean lines and clear intent, making a strong statement with a limited budget.
[ credits ]
- Client: Rheanne White Salon
- Millwork: Herlander Passos
- Custom Lighting: Michelle James
- Trade Fixtures: Takara Belmont
- Lighting: Aamsco Lighting / Bartco Lighting
- Wallpaper: Flat Vernacular
- Custom Signage: Let There Be Neon
- Photography: Andrew Parsons Photography